What can you do with nine channels of high-current audio power?
First of all, you can put together a mind-blowing surround sound system with five speakers up front and four in the rear.
If you only need five channels for surround sound, you can use two of the other four to biamp your front left and right speakers. If you have speakers that can handle biamplification, and you haven’t tried it yet, you’re in for a treat.
Finally, you could devote some of the channels to your multi-room audio system.
THX® Ultra2 certification
THX Ultra2 certification is your guarantee that the Onkyo PA-MC5500 will accurately present movie soundtracks the way they were mixed by the filmmaker. You can count on high-fidelity, high-impact performance for the latest multi-channel formats, even in very large rooms. Pair this amp with the matching PR-SC5508 A/V preamp/processor, and you graduate from home theater to genuine, no-adjective-needed Theater … period.
The guts of the PA-MC5500 (which include custom-built capacitors, large transistors, gold-plated terminals, and a massive toroidal transformer) will impress even the most demanding audiophile. Onkyo’s WRAT amplifier design ensures high instantaneous current capability, which is exactly what high-end speakers need to sound their best.
- 9-channel THX Ultra2 certified power amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20 kHz at 0.05% THD)
- 4 ohm capable for use with a wide range of speakers
- frequency response: 5-100,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- RCA and XLR inputs for each channel
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- push-pull design with 3-stage inverted Darlington circuitry to reduce distortion
- massive toroidal transformer for high current and low noise
- DC trigger input/output
- IR flasher input
- massive toroidal power transformer for high current and low noise
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8″W x 7-1/4″H x 17-1/2″D
- weight: 50.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years